More safely seizing opportunity to GROW
Operating Company Risk Leaders
Managing risk to objectives -- lives and livelihoods -- by managing risk to decisions
To grow corporate valuation in this economic environment.
Emphasized actions to achieve outcomes include:
- Managing risk to business performance by better managing risk in decision processes and individual decisions, both frequent (daily activities) and infrequent (investments or emergency response)
- Focusing on systems and causes instead of “loss events”
- Identifying and overcoming the three catalysts of risk – change, complexity and fatigue
- Making the sharp distinction between risk management program and actually managing risk to business objectives
- Managing risk must be simple in order to use it daily in a dynamic world. Complex risk management programs on top of daily complexity and change increases risk.
- Improving efficiency and effectiveness through performance-driven approaches to managing risk that draw on decades of proven practice in strategy, operations, finance and organizational change, rather than compliance/control-based approaches.
- Skill in managing risk as the ultimate differentiator
- Evaluation of Risk - knowing the business, asking "what if?" and watching for warning signs
- Scenario analysis
- Response to Risk - prioritizing, improving, reacting and recovering
- Business cases for improvement
- Incentive alignment
Core Fitness -- Managing risk to business performance the 5+2 way
- Managing risk to objectives is fundamental to business (strategy, products, sales, operations) as it is to sports, baking a cake or driving a car.
- As described in The Operational Risk Handbook, this workshop is designed to apply that practical performance-driven approach to provide more actionable insight for strategy plan, process and implementation decisions. Better decisions lead to better outcomes.
Scenario analysis – heart of managing risk
Traction time -- Activity-specific scenario analysis workshops.
- Scenario analysis, asking "What if?" is the heart of managing risk.
- If this fails, all else fails.
- This workshop is designed for hands-on practice with this approach to bring more practical benefit to current business situations.
Train the facilitator – a 3 step approach to build capacity for sustainable change in an organization.
- Focused on a single business area (e.g., line, geographic or product) they are rapid action to engage that team and better manage risk to operational and financial performance objectives.
Performance by paycheck – Managing risk through performance and compensation.
- Step 1 is a knowledge transfer workshop where a group of facilitators is trained.
- Step 2 a trainer(s) assists a ValueBridge Advisors facilitator of a “Traction Time” workshop.
- Step 3 the trainee is the facilitator of a “Traction Time” workshop and a VaueBridge Advisors facilitator assists the trainee to “graduate” to independence.
Outcome acceleration delivery
- Overcome the frequent problem of multiple measures (often made worse by so-called “risk appetite” statements) pulling people in multiple directions.
- Simplify and speed progress toward more efficient and effective daily management of risk as people make daily decisions.
- Outcome acceleration workshops
- “Teach to fish” personal guidance for the dynamics of your role and your organization
- Accelerator widgets -- diagnostics, actions and progress measures to accelerate alignment gap closure
- Conversation clarifiers to cut churn; and improve situational awareness and alignment with management, board or investors