- Creating business-IT value
- Performance-driven management of IT risk
- IT Finance
Getting "Step 1" right -- Creating business-IT value and sustainable advantage
- Too often value is lost when IT is misunderstood as a just a cost-cutting tool.
- Instead, this approach is designed to enable the success of the IT leadership team in the context of the business-IT model that is appropriate for the selected business model .
- Organizations often struggle to use IT community guidance on “alignment” because that guidance is often excessively complicated and organizations are already complicated. So instead of complicating complication, our approach accelerates agility to grow profitable revenue.
- Complexity of both business and IT has out-paced growth in revenue, earnings and stakeholder value. What is needed now is radical simplification of the enterprise, looking at ways to streamline business and operating models and then the IT platforms that enable them. The need is for continuous net simplification.
- Strategically planning, integrating, measuring and continuously refining operating model and will generally drive business value and profitability despite, and sometimes because of, unplanned events.
This approach co-created by Harvey Koeppel and Brian Barnier.
- Based on the 5+2 Step Cycle for managing risk, Value Creation Cycle and the Value-Added Diamond planning model.
Performance-driven management of IT risk
Managing all IT-related risk to business performance -- not just a privacy padlock
- As with a sales or operations leader, managing all areas of risk should be central to CIOs. For CIOs, this includes business-IT investment selection, project management and operations. Yet, point problems often distract from the big picture.
- Aligned to tangible business objectives, better managing of IT-related risk becomes a CIO’s #1 way to win.
- Yet, too many organizations are wasting too much time and effort on risk programs while not sufficiently reducing risk to business performance objectives.
- Distinctively designed to reduce time and cost, and provide more actionable business insight by shifting from compliance-driven to performance-driven management of risk.
Follow the Money: IT Finance – driving and demonstrating business value “by the numbers.”
IT leasing analysis content courtesy of James Burns and James Cross at Blue Sky Capital Structure Advisors.
- Designed to overcome common complications that keep CIOs on the defensive
- Distinctively emphasizes corporate value calculation, art of the business-business case, financing IT assets, portfolio mapping technique, risk-adjusted capital allocation, risk budgeting and outcomes achievement.
Outcome acceleration delivery
- Outcome acceleration workshops
- “Teach to fish” personal guidance for the dynamics of your role and your organization
- Accelerator widgets -- diagnostics, actions and progress measures to accelerate alignment gap closure
- Conversation clarifiers to cut churn; and improve situational awareness and alignment with management, board or investors